BarnOwl for the Logistics and Supply Chain Industry
Logistic and Supply Chain organisations face an increasingly complex and challenging business environment with more and more pressure to remain competitive whilst ensuring long-term sustainability.
Typical business challenges facing logistic and supply chain organisations include:
- Relentless competition based on price and service
- Customer expectations for mass personalisation: ability to deliver custom products at mass-production prices
- Managing multiple supply chain partners (outsourced risk)
- Environmental, health & safety (EH&S) risks
- Increased regulatory pressure including social responsibility, social movements, environmental etc.
- Technology disrupters and real-time asset management
- Shortage of skilled and experienced supply chain staff
- Operational inefficiencies
- Infrastructure quality
- Increasing transportation costs
- Labour relations in industry
- Reputational risk
A flexible risk management framework is critical for meeting the needs of a complex and dynamic industry such as the logistics industry. Logistic organisations need an effective way of prioritising and managing risk across the organisation as well as complying with local and cross-border legislation, standards and mandates. Proactive risk management also involves the documenting and managing of incidents / near misses. In addition, the identification and ongoing monitoring of risk mitigation plans is critical to effective risk management.
An organisation’s risk and opportunities, strategy, business model, performance and sustainable development are all inseparable elements of the value creation process. (King IV™ Principle 4)
How BarnOwl addresses the challenge
BarnOwl GRC software streamlines your GRC processes, integrates risk, compliance and assurance information on a centralised platform, standardises risk and control taxonomies and offers the flexibility and scalability required for your changing business environment. BarnOwl:
- provides a customisable risk-based framework for the logistic and supply chain industry (in line with the COSO and ISO31000 standards) for you to manage your risk and compliance process as well as facilitate inspections / audits, findings and detailed analysis.
- enables you to identify and document risks, causes, consequences and related controls.
- automates risk and control self-assessments.
- enables you to record, monitor and report on issues / incidents.
- provides a centralised repository for all your regulatory compliance requirements (fully integrated 3rd party compliance library) and tracks how you are meeting each compliance requirement.
- streamlines internal audits, forensic audits as well as third-party audits and enables you to gain real-time visibility into risk-based auditing, audit findings, root cause analysis and the ongoing monitoring of mitigation actions.
- brings together risk management, compliance, assurance, as well as all related communication, analysis and reporting under a common platform.
- provides continuous monitoring of your risk universe with early-warning notifications.
- drives the proactive management of risk mitigation strategies.
- generates risk intelligence and trend reporting at all levels of the organisation.
The Benefits of using BarnOwl
The benefits of using BarnOwl include:
- Improved GRC maturity through an integrated and flexible GRC solution.
- Optimise and monitor risk-reward outcomes by gaining a comprehensive, real time view of your organisation’s risk profile.
- Simplify regulatory compliance, using a single system to manage your compliance requirements and activities.
- Enhance GRC productivity and efficiency as well as embed standards across the value chain.
- Facilitate greater communication and collaboration on GRC tasks across all business units and locations.
- Drive ownership and accountability for risk management across the organisation.
- Facilitate the principle that an organisation’s risk and opportunities, strategy, business model, performance and sustainable development are all inseparable elements of the value creation process. (King IV™ Principle 4)
Links to References, Case Studies and Resources
BarnOwl is a fully integrated governance, risk management, compliance and audit software solution used by over 200 organisations in Africa, Europe and the UK. Some of our Logistic and Supply Chain clients include Imperial and Value Logistics.
Find a solution to suit your needs
View Knowledge Centre
See BarnOwl in Action!
For every industry, no matter the size of the business, BarnOwl is the ultimate GRC and the audit software solution to assist you in the achievement of your strategic goals with a high degree of confidence.
Interested in learning more?