BarnOwl’s Response to Covid-19
23 March 2020
Dear Valued Client,
In order to protect our staff, clients and the wider community during this difficult time we have implemented the following policies for the foreseeable future:
- Our staff have been given the option of working from home provided they have facilities to enable this (which the majority of our staff do)
- There has been a major increase in frequency and intensity of cleaning and disinfecting of our office with the provision of soap and hand sanitisers
- Any staff member that has any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or has come into contact with anyone that has the disease may not come to the office
- We have an online issue tracking system (Team Support) to monitor and address any request that our customers may have. Please email email@example.com for BarnOwl GRC or firstname.lastname@example.org for BarnOwl IDW and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- We have proliferated the use of online collaborative tools such as Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, WebEx etc. to enable all internal meetings, client meetings, demonstrations, online training etc.
- We provide remote desktop or server support using VPN, Team Viewer or any tool our customers support
- All software implementations will be done online remotely
- All client and generic training will be conducted online
- We will not attend onsite meetings unless deemed absolutely necessary
- There will be no domestic or international flights for business
In summary, the immediate effect would predominantly be around face to face interaction where we will now be using online collaborative tools. We expect the business impact of this to be relatively low.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.